Wednesday, October 13, 2010

AVEDON PORTRAITS

After watching Richard Avedon's latest film about his self-expression in art, our class began a project that involved capturing portraits of students that attend our school. Avedon was a very detailed artist and all of his images were significant in various ways. Through out my series of images I strived to follow several of Avedon's techniques in order to capture portraits that truly symbolize a certain notion. I began by capturing my images in black and white, in order to allow each individual to stand out in the picture. Along with that, I strived to take images of the models in different positions in order to reveal a sense of change in emotion. Some pictures portray happiness, others reveal confusion and sadness. These elements allowed my images to become more bold and reveal changes in characteristics.

1 comment:

  1. Vlad, you did a good job with making the backgrounds on most of the pictures not as dramatic. I thought that the one of Garrett had a bit of a dramatic lighting, but hey - good job!

    ReplyDelete