Thursday, January 17, 2013

Experimental Sketchbook

For this assignment I focused on the idea of creating meaning in every image by adding text, exaggerated colors, and adding texture overlays. I used images that I have taken in the past, but modified them to convey emotion and specific moods. The first part of the assignment revolved around adding simple anecdotes to every image that represent my personal interpretation and understanding of the subject and background. As I worked with effects and editing I was later able to focus more on conveying emotion through color changes rather than direct quotes. This project illustrates a different style of photography where personal statements and color/texture changes are the main focus of every image.


 



















6 comments:

  1. These are all dope, and I loved seeing your little brother, but I think my favorite is the last one because of the contrasting vibrant colors. I especially like that you did not add any distracting filters or words, but simply contrasting the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The irony in the 2nd picture.... its great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the last picture. the colors, saturation and contrast are all perfect! i also like the editing on the second picture of me, it looks like a painting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really brought out comedy and different moods with the effects you used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fifth photo from the bottom is my favorite. The FX transforms this seemingly banal photo into amazing imagery that borders on the painterly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Set. I really like your third photo from the top. i think the caption fits very well with the picture.

    ReplyDelete