Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Series Project - Multi-Frame Portraits #1


This is the first draft of my series project where I focused on multi-frame black and white portrait photography. Portraits are my favorite style of photography and in every image in this series I strived to challenge myself in order to bring out something new. In this first draft I experimented with black and white editing as well as adding special effects in order to bring out hidden details. This is a very unique style that I hope to further explore as I continue making drafts for this assignment.






4 comments:

  1. Cool series Vlad. It's a really original and interesting idea. I really like the last shot; the shadows add an extra layer. The out-and-in focus of the third shot is cool as well. I would say you should try to avoid the "say cheese" style posing in a couple of these. Regardless, this is a great first draft.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know i love the first one. using motion and various stages positioned next to each other produces a very satisfying picture. try experimenting with up close and far away distances more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really great vlad. I love the theme of not being able to see the true emotion or mood of the person until the second (or last) photo. It reminds me that you should not judge someone off of first glance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have an eye for portraits that express simple happiness in everyday life. I can tell these kids are your friends and you love them. This allows me to get emotionally attached to the subjects.

    ReplyDelete