Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Series Draft #2

This is my second draft of cityscape photography, but in this series I have narrowed down my approach and continued to explore foreground background photography. In relation to Michael Kenna's work, this series incorporates the theme of a "busy" city life connecting to a more naturalistic approach with trees, leafs, and flowers as the primary subject. In these black and white images I strived to clearly portray the subject and blur a busy background presenting a city life. Although the image of the hand as the subject does not necessarily correspond to Michael Kenna's work, this is an idea I want to further explore in my next draft, incorporating human qualities in cityscapes.   












8 comments:

  1. Oh man! You are really killin it dude. I love the way you focus on closer objects and show depth with the blur, as if you are also showing the depth of the city behind it. It is really hard to try to capture nature and cityscape in the same photos, so I really love your idea of using human qualities and physical features.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a great job juxtaposing "natural" subjects against buildings and "city" subjects. It's good that the natural parts don't overwhelm the buildings, or else the theme would be completely different. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the way you used shadows in your pictures, it closely resembles MIchael Kenna. I think you were very successful in capturing the essence of the cit through the individual elements that it is comprised of.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nice series. i like how you placed your objects that you were photographing at different angles to create a better contrast. i especially like the last photo. i think that the angle works very well or the object you were shooting,

    ReplyDelete
  6. good job vlad i really enjoy this photos. I especially enjoy the picture of the rose because it brings out a mysterious aspect to the picture. i liked how in alot of your photos the object is in focus and centered.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vlad these photos are really good. they give a really dark and moody feeling, especially with the tones you achieved and the juxtaposition of nature and geometric manmade structures. i think my favorites are the hand and the plants right above that one. really great stuff

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a great job of bringing the attention to one subject while also capturing the city around that object. I think the use of the blurred background really helped you achieve this.

    ReplyDelete