Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Negative Space Series Draft #2

In my second negative space draft, I focused more on the idea of capturing the creation of art. I decided to  experiment with the relationship between human qualities and art, rather than a central focus on street art. I noticed that in this series, I was more successful in incorporating negative space and portraying naturalism instead of staged photography. In my next series, I may want to explore a different style of negative space and then decide which technique/style works best with negative space photography.















6 comments:

  1. I really like your picture of ted and the hands. they illustrate negative space perfectly and the editing and color scheme add a lot to the tone of the pictures. i would continue using people for negative space and not the expected shadows and buildings we normally see

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really love your photos and i htink you did a great job getting to your goal. but the one (i think its Will) where you can see his hair takes away from his hand by having his whole upper body in it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job. I like your last picture the most. It is a very good example of negative space.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you chose to use people for negative space. I think you did a really good job. I especially like your photos of peoples hands.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The photo of Ted is your most successful. The darkness seems to loom over him, yet not really occupying his attention. This adds a lot of depth to the composition, and I would recommend trying to recreate this effect in other scenarios.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how you played with light and dark in these photos. It seems as if each artist is surrounded by darkness and his art is the light or focus of each photo. NIce job.

    ReplyDelete